1. General Policy
We are fully aware that private information of our customers is extremely important. When handling private information, we shall ensure that all of our officers and employees comply with applicable laws related to private information to respect our customers and thus live up to their expectations.
2. Compliance with Applicable Laws
3. Information Collection and Use
We collect and store certain information from or about our customers that can be used to uniquely contact, identify, or locate our customers including, but not limited to, the customers' name, home or business address, phone number, email address, location, or zip code, and other contact information, credit card information, e-money information and other information regarding payment method ("Personal Information").
We use Personal Information of customers and other individuals for the following purposes:
- to provide products or services requested by the customer, including product sales, repair and inspection, after-sales service, and catalogue distribution (Personal Information includes such information necessary to understand the requirements of the customer such as a customer's purchase history and repair history),
- to enable response to customer requests including customer inquiry history (including the collection of customer inquiries for the purpose of improving the our responsiveness) as a reference to determine customer requirements for products, planning, development, advertisement, sales, and service activities of Unipulse Group (This personal information will include answers to questionnaires given at the time of purchase, the customer satisfaction survey, and the customer's inquiry history),
- to offer product information, our information, service, information, and other related information of Unipulse Group, e.g. the sending of a catalogue, new product information, books, magazines or a mail magazine,
- to introduce exhibitions and seminars and to correspond with them after the event,
- to develop and maintain smooth relations with business partners and related entities as a reference in the recruitment of an individual where the personal information is provided by an inquirer or an applicant to us,
- to send necessary documentation to shareholders including notification of the General Shareholders' Meeting, and to administer dividend payments or other actions as required by the laws and regulations as defined by Personal Data Protection Law and other applicable laws and regulations Communication with, reporting to, inquiries into or other contact with competent governmental authorities required for the execution of business.
4. Handling of Personal Information
- Where a customer is required to provide us with Personal Information, the purposes for which that information is to be used shall be designated in advance.
- We shall not use Personal Information for any purpose other than those indicated here or those for which the customer’s consent has been obtained.
- We shall not deposit or provide to any third party Personal Information provided by a customer excluding cases where there is consent by the customer and where there is a request involving legal obligations from a judicial or administrative agency according to law. Provided however, acquired Personal Information may be disclosed and offered to sub-contractors within the limited scope necessary to achieve the purpose for which the information is being used. In such a case, a confidentiality agreement shall be signed by the third party and we shall strictly monitor and supervise the handling of the Personal Information by the third party.
- Notwithstanding the provisions in the preceding, acquired Personal Information may be shared and used within the Unipulse group in order to attain the usage purposes described in above section. Personal Information that may be shared within the group means: names, addresses, telephone numbers, mail addresses, purchase histories, repair histories, inquiry history and content, and request content. We are responsible for protecting the Personal information that is shared and used by Unipulse group.
- Even where there is consent, we shall work out an arrangement with the applicable third party regarding the protection of Personal Information to make reasonable preparations for the protection of such information when depositing or providing Personal Information to a third party.
- We shall take reasonable safety measures to protect Personal Information provided by a customer from its loss, destruction, illegal leakage outside of us, tampering, and illegal access. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the Personal information our customers provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if our customers provide Personal Information.
- Where there is any of the following requests from a customer on his/her own Personal Information, we shall respect the intention of the customer and take necessary action within the reasonable range when we determine that it is necessary to accept such requests.
A) Confirmation of registered Personal Information.
B) Correction, updating or deletion of registered Personal Information.
C) Withdrawal of part or all of the use of Personal Information.
5. Statistical Data
The acquired Personal Information may, provided that particular individuals cannot be identified, be processed and used as statistical data.
6. Transfer Personal Information to Japan
If our customers provide their Personal Information with us from outside Japan, please be aware that the customers' Personal Information may be transferred to, stored or processed in Japan, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of Japan might not be as comprehensive as those in the country of our customers, but we shall take steps to protect privacy of our customers.
7. User's Request to Discontinuance of the Collection and Use of Personal Information
Our customers may require us to discontinue the collection or use of the all or a part of the Personal Information and promptly upon such request we shall discontinue such collection or use.
If our customers are a California resident, our customers may have additional rights regarding personal information of our customers collected by us. Please read the California-Specific Addendum.
10. Contact Us
9-11 Nihombashi Hisamatsu-cho,
Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0005